Seems that Microsoft is working hard on Skype version for Linux users as company is releasing new monthly updates for its which certainly packs with new features and improvements for users. Now company has released a new version 1.5 of Skype Alpha for Linux users. With this update company has implemented support for voice messaging in app, which is a really a nice addition. Also update packs with some minor improvements. Check out full change log below.
What’s new in latest update.
• Voice messaging audio now works.
• EMojis now work with audio.
• You can now silence notification sounds and turn off messaging notifications completely in ‘Settings’.
• We’ve disabled the ability to drag & drop a URL into Skype which opens the browser in the application.
• Presence status icon sizes in the Tray have been improved on some distributions.