If you are a Windows Insider rocking the latest Insider Build 16251 for PC and own an iPhone, then Microsoft has just brought a coolest new feature to the deck for you to take advantage of or just to show off your friends, if you don’t mind.
The Continue on PC experience is now available on iPhone or iPad. It basically enables cross-device experiences by “linking” your phone to your PC. Build 16251 is the first PC build to introduce cross-device web-browsing and the feature will evolve over time, unlocking even cooler experiences using your Android and/or iPhone.
Here’s how to get going:
- Go to PC Settings > Phone and link your phone.
- After adding your phone to be linked, you will receive an SMS directing you to install a test application called Continue on PC for iOS that completes the link.
- Download and install the app from App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- When you are at a website you want to view on your PC, simply invoke the native share experience on your iPhone and share the website to the “Continue on PC” option.
- Once invoked, it will first ask you to sign in with your Microsoft Account. (It is important you use the same account you are using on your PC.)
- Next, it will ask you if you want to “Continue now” or “Continue later”.
- If you choose “Continue now”, the website will magically open on the linked PC. If you choose to “Continue later”, the website will show up under Action Center for you to get to later when you’re ready.
For further reading, please visit this page.
You can find the app in the App Store below.