As we reported earlier, Microsoft opened Alpha – Skip Ahead Ring to Alpha Xbox Insiders for RS5 Builds. Microsoft has started rolling a new Windows 10 Build for those in Xbox One Preview Alpha & Alpha Skip Ahead Ring. The Build version is (1806.180623-1816) and it will begin rolling out at 2.00 p.m. PDT and will become mandatory shortly after that.
Coming to what this build brings, we can see many fixes and performance improvements in the changelog shared officially.
My Games and Apps
- Fixed an issue with the Pause function when installing an App or Game.
- Misc. performance fixes in the platform.
Game Pass Tab
- Preview Alpha and Alpha – Skip Ahead users will notice that the Entertainment tab has been replaced on the dashboard with Game Pass content. This new tab allows for easy access to the Game Pass catalog and is only available in the US region at this time, so Preview Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead Insiders in regions outside of the US will continue to see the Entertainment tab.
- You may see issues with Groups if you frequently switch between your non-Preview console and your Preview console. Workaround: Reset your Groups locally on the Preview console through “My games & apps” > Groups, then using the “Delete all groups” button at the bottom of the page to resync from the service.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- When the console wakes from Instant on/connected standby with a wired connection, the console may not recognize that the Ethernet cable is plugged in. Workaround: Please reboot the console via Guide -> reboot.