Microsoft has updated the Windows Phone 8.1 Music app with much-demanded but basic scrubbing feature. So, now you can now slide the music progress bar to go back or forward. There are other fixes and improvements. Have a look at the official changelog,
- Audio scrubbing is now supported! Slide the track progress indicator in the Now Playing screen to advance to the spot you like.
- Smoother FFW and REW animations.
- UI fixes to improve visibility of content.
- Bug fixed where songs are incorrectly removed from playlists.
- Fixes for unexpected app exits.
You may know that Microsoft will update Music app every two weeks and next updates will bring,
- Continued focus on stability and performance improvements.
- Initial sync of local and cloud content happens in the background.
- Usability improvements in Now Playing screen.
- Support for greater than 100 songs in Now Playing queue.
- Faster loading of long lists.
- Swipe gesture to advance songs on Now Playing screen.
- Transparent Tile support.
- Live Tile support.
- Design and layout changes to get you to your content faster.
- Kid’s Corner support.
- General UX improvements.