Microsoft has now released the latest version of Windows 11 Photos app to insiders in both Beta and Release Preview channels. In this article we have provided a hands-on with this latest version of the Windows 11 Photos app that comes with a Video editor add-on.
Windows 11 Photos app hands-on impressions and images gallery:
There are some noteworthy new features and UI layout changes in the Windows 11 Photos app. Check some relevant images in the gallery below.
- The new Photos app sports a new UI layout that brings highlights of your gallery right on top on “Collections” tab. It is followed by the images displayed by the date taken by default or you can also sort them by “recently added”.
- There is a new “people” tab that shows collection of images by people created by the Photos’ face recognition feature. You can tag the collections yourself if you want. The app takes your permission when launched for the first time after installation of the update.
- On Albums tab, the app curates some albums for you and allows you to do so manually too.
- Video editor comes as an add-on to the Photos app. It provides rich option of curating new videos right from the app.
- The image editing is also enhanced and comes with UI changes in sync with Windows 11.
- Settings app has the option to enable or disable the “People tagging” feature.