Quick heads-up! Microsoft has brought both Xbox Video and Xbox Music to Windows Phone store. Xbox video is Microsoft’s video on-demand service. One can rent and buy new movies, or catch up on last night’s episodes of the hottest TV shows. Once bought, you can watch them on your Windows Phone 8, PC, tablet, Xbox One, Xbox 360, or at XboxVideo.com.
On back of news of Xbox Video coming to Windows Phone, Xbox music has also arrived to Windows Phone store. It mayn’t have wide regional availability like Nokia Music aka Nokia MixRadio, but still if you are lucky enough to be in the markets where Xbox Music is supported go ahead and download it. One needs to sign up at music.xbox.com for Xbox music pass. The Xbox music app comes with offline playback as well.
Features (Xbox Video):
Xbox Video brings the latest movies and TV shows to your Windows Phone 8 and makes it easy to watch what you love wherever you are. Rent and buy new blockbuster movies and favorite classics, or catch up on last night’s episodes of the hottest TV shows, and watch them on your Windows Phone 8, PC, tablet, Xbox One, Xbox 360, or at XboxVideo.com.
– Get the latest TV shows the day after they air
– Ratings and reviews
– Rent and buy the latest blockbuster movies
– Resume watching from where you left off
– Stream or Download movies and TV
Features (Xbox Music):
Want the latest and greatest Xbox Music features on your phone? With the Xbox Music app and your Xbox Music Pass you can explore, stream and download millions of songs on your device. It’s the best way to get all the music you love on your Windows Phone.
– See artist details with pictures, bios, album lists, and related artists
– Manage your personal music collection, shared across all of your devices
– Explore top songs, featured artists, and recommended albums to easily discover new music
– Download songs for offline playback
– Create and manage playlists that automatically sync across your pc, tablet, Xbox, and the web
– Radio instantly creates playlists based on your favorite artists
– Stream ad-free music from a catalog of tens of millions of songs