If you are following this year’s Build 2020 developer conference closely, Microsoft made quite a few announcements in the field of mixed reality and AR.
One of the key highlights of the mixed reality talk was Microsoft HoloLens 2.
As per the official announcement, Microsoft is expanding the HoloLens 2 to more markets starting this fall.
These new markets include – Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Spain, Austria, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong, and Taiwan in Q4 2020.
Additionally, online sales of HoloLens 2 will start on the Microsoft Store in July 2020.
In case you missed it, HoloLens 2 is already available in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Over the past couple of years, Microsoft HoloLens 2 has found its space across a variety of different sectors like manufacturing, retail, healthcare, and education, etc.
Microsoft has also pushed a software update for HoloLens 2, which includes these exciting new capabilities:
- Reconfigure and seamlessly set up new devices for enterprise production with Windows AutoPilot.
- Enroll HoloLens with your Mobile Device Management system using a provisioning package.
- Hand Tracking improvements.
- Support for additional system voice commands to control HoloLens, hands-free.
- Expanded USB Ethernet enables support for 5G/LTE dongles.