Microsoft is now silently rolling out a new update to the Microsoft Office app on Mac OS. The latest update to Microsoft Office is being seeded to Office users on Mac OS.
The new build of Microsoft Office is now available fr download for those in the Insider Preview program of Microsoft Office on Mac OS. The update is rolling out to Insider Fast Ring and the version for this update is 16.40 with build numbers 20070603 and 20070801.
Speaking of the changes and features that we get with this build, we now get updates to Outlook on Mac OS. It comes with some overall performance improvements and bug fixes. Outlook on Mac OS gets a new feature with which the Send and Discard buttons are now only in the top Toolbar for nested compose. Another new feature added with this build is the Message list.
A detailed changelog is given below,
- Compose: Send and Discard buttons are now only in the top Toolbar for nested compose.
- Message List: added preference to show or hide group headers in the Message List.
- Mail: Subfolders are not deleted when the parent folder is renamed
- Search: Parenthesis are not automatically added when creating an advanced Subject search
- Reading Pane: Wrapping subject of emails and meeting invites to two lines instead of truncating it
- Search: Calendar search is now working for supported account types.