Microsoft has updated the “Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11”. The update takes the Android subsystem version to 2207.40000.8.0. It brings improvements in general input issues, networking, windowing, security and reliability including several updates to the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app.
Microsoft has provided a changelog for the latest update of “Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11”. Read all the details below.
- New compatibility shim to allow apps to maintain aspect ratio but still support resize
- Accessibility improvements to the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app
- New compatibility shims in the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app
- Fixed problems with restarting apps
- Apps that update toast notifications instead of using progress toasts have better behavior
- Game controls user education dialog for apps with compatibility shims enabled
- Improvements with handling VPN
- Scrollbar fix for Windows Subsystem for Android Settings compatibility page
- User crash data and system app crash data is now being reported
- “No internet available” toast notification is now suppressed
- Custom Android toasts now render correctly
- Amazon Appstore 60.09 update
- Android security update
- Improved reliability