Microsoft has rolled out a new Windows 10 Build for those in Xbox OneBETA & a subset of DELTA Ring. The Build version is rs3_release_xbox_dev_1711.171024-1923 and it is available from 6:00PM PDT 10/31 (1:00AM GMT 1/11).
Coming to what this build brings, we can see, fixes and known issues in the changelog shared officially. This build brings many fixes and performance improvements.
Build 1711.171024-1923 Changelog:
Last week, we delivered an upgraded console experience to Xbox One owners that focused on personalization and speed improvements. It was a massive update, but we aren’t done just yet. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be addressing customer feedback and adding even more great new features that gamers have been asking for. Here’s a sneak peek at what to expect:
• For Xbox Insiders in the BETA ring, the Microsoft Store now enables gifting of select digital Xbox One games, “durable” downloadable content (DLC) (map packs, weapon skins, etc.), Xbox Live Gold, and Xbox Game Pass—right from your console! Just choose a game within the Store, select “Buy as Gift,” and send it to your friends or family members by picking their Gamertag or entering their email address.
NOTE: Digital gifting will be enabled for Preview BETA @ 2:00PM PDT on 10/31 and is not tied to the system update. Please see Digital Gifting below for more information.
• In addition to games and friends, you will soon be able to add club blocks to Home. We’re also making it easier to explore additional types of blocks at the bottom of Home by adding a new section under “Add More.”
• We’re improving the setup experience to make it better for both new users and upgraders. The settings from your home console will now be saved to the cloud, just like your game saves. Whenever you set up a new console, you will have the option of applying these settings during the sign-in process.
• Additionally, your console will now back up even more settings, including your TV & OneGuide settings. This expansion will provide a simple experience when you transition from one console to another using the settings backup to your external games and apps storage device.
• The Xbox app for iOS and Android will now enable you to finish setting up your new Xbox One X console while it’s downloading the day one update. Additionally, we’ve also improved the process for enabling 4K output right out of the box.
• Xbox’s new notifications provide an at-a-glance status of what activities you can immediately step into after you’ve had to step out for a moment. We’re adding additional notifications types when your system goes idle, including LFG posts, broadcasts, and Achievements.
• We’re adding miniature Game Hubs for your most recently used games in the Guide. That way, you can access the great content on a game hub without having to leave the action.
• Adults who have enabled the “Buy & download” online safety setting will now have an easier time purchasing games thanks to a passkey/password challenge directly in the Xbox dashboard.
• We’ve heard your feedback! Games with no unlocked achievements can now be hidden from the personal and public view of your profile.
These features will roll out to Xbox Insiders over the next few weeks. Insiders can check the release notes within the Xbox Insider Hub for more details, or navigate to the Xbox Insider forums at forums.xbox.com.
• Digital Gifting
You’ll soon be able to send digital games and subscriptions as gifts to your friends and family in the Microsoft Store (on Xbox, Windows and on the Web), and today (10/31) at 2:00PM PDT we’re allowing Preview BETA participants a first look!
NOTE: Access to the digital gifting feature is tied to your Gamertag. You’ll have access to digital gifting on any Xbox One console with the Gamertag used to enroll your console(s).
To access digital gifting: 1. Sign in on an Xbox One console. 2. Launch the Store and navigate to the Store page for a product. 3. You’ll see a new [Buy as gift] option on the Store page if the product is eligible for digital gifting.
When purchasing a gift, the gift will be delivered to the recipient via email message containing a digital code for the item. The email will be sent immediately upon purchase. The email message will provide the gift recipient with instructions on how to redeem the digital code.
On Xbox, users have the choice of entering the email address of the gift recipient or selecting a friend from the Friends list. In addition to receiving a gift message via email, on Xbox, if the Friends list is used, the gift recipient will receive a system message from Xbox Live containing the digital code along with a one-click redemption button.
In addition, please join the Digital Gifting flight in the Xbox Insider Hub to give us feedback: 1. Launch the Xbox Insider Hub. 2. Navigate to Insider content > System > Digital Gifting. 3. Select Join. 4. If interested, complete the digital gifting Quests Email: Gift a Game and Xbox: Gift a Game.
There are a handful of rules and restrictions currently in place for digital gifting:
• Users can gift select Xbox One games, downloadable content (DLC), and subscriptions (Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass)
• Gifting of “durable” game DLC (map packs, weapon skins, etc.) is supported, but the gifting of “consumable” game DLC (virtual currency, etc.) is not supported.
• When a particular item is discounted, users are allowed to send two (2) gifts of that item every fourteen (14) days. The 14-day clock starts once the first copy is purchased at discount. Once the limit for that item is reached, users will not be able to purchase that item again as a gift until the 14-day period is over, even if the product is no longer discounted.
• Users are allowed to send ten (10) total gifts at discount every 14 days. There are no limits on items that are at full price.
• Not all Xbox One games are available for gifting, including some XPA titles.
• Xbox 360 backward compatible games and consumable DLC (such as virtual currency) are not eligible for gifting.
• Pre-ordered games and pre-ordered durable DLC are not eligible for gifting.
• Digital codes can only be redeemed in the country/region where they were purchased.
• Refunds for digital gifts are not supported, nor can entitlements for content or subscriptions be transferred once redeemed.
• Please see the gifting terms and conditions as well as the Microsoft Store terms and conditions for a full list of policies.
• Home Resolved an issue which sometimes prevented content blocks from being added to Home.
• Party chat
• Fixed an issue which sometimes caused party chat to unexpectedly disconnect. • Miscellaneous improvements for party chat stability.
• Blu-Ray Player
• Resolved an issue which could cause the console to get stuck displaying video content in 24hz after playing a Blu-Ray.
• Resolved an issue which caused 3D Blu-Rays to play in 2D.
• Dolby Atmos
Fixed an issue which caused Dolby Atmos settings to reset after resuming from connected standby.