Microsoft is now silently pushing out a new update to the Microsoft Office app on Android. The latest update to Microsoft Office comes to the office Insider program on the Android platform.
The update to Microsoft Office brings new features and improvements to the Office insiders on the Android platform. The update comes with build version 16.0.13127.20012 on the Android platform. It comes with some features and improvements over the previous one.
Detailed changelog is given below,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Write text on PDFs
You can now add text to your PDFs using our new text annotation capabilities to write notes, fill out forms, or add initials on documents.
Start where you left off in PDFs
You can now continue reading files from where you had left them. We remember your last read location in PDFs.
Save PDFs as Word documents
You can now convert your PDF files to Word documents in a variety of ways. There are a few ways to enable this feature:
- Go to the Actions tab and tap PDF to Word.
- Select any PDF file’s triple dot (…) next to it from the Home tab’s most recently used items.
- Open any PDF, go to more options, and select PDF to.
Tell Word what to do
Now you can use voice commands to undo, delete, format text, and start lists.
How it works
1. On an Android Phone, tap the small microphone icon to toggle on the dictation experience.
Tap on the large microphone icon and start speaking.
3. Insert punctuation at any time by saying them explicitly or using the punctuation toolbar.
4. At any time, tap the microphone again to pause dictation or tap the keyboard button to switch back to the keyboard.
5. Fix mistakes by using touch to delete the content and speak again or toggling on the keyboard.