Microsoft last pushed a new Windows 10 Fall Creators update Build 16281 to insiders in Fast Ring. It also released the Build 16278 to insiders in Slow Ring. Microsoft has already announced that Windows 10 Fall Creators update will start rolling out on October 17.
So these builds don’t bring anything new in terms of changes/features. All you get are lots of fixes and improvements. You can read the full changelog for both Build 16281 and Build 16278 below.
Windows 10 Build 16281 Changelog:
- We fixed an issue resulting in Train Simulator 2017 failing to launch on recent flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to tab into an open PDF in Microsoft Edge after interacting with the any of the Microsoft Edge window elements using mouse.
- We fixed an issue where the Windows Defender Security Center app icon was missing in taskbar when the app was open, as well in Start’s all apps list. You will also notice that the icon is now un-plated in the taskbar.
- We’ve made some adjustments to address an issue resulting in sudden and brief CPU spikes where you couldn’t move your mouse. If you’ve encountered this, please try it in this new build and let us know if your experience has improved.
- We fixed an issue where minimized app windows on mixed-DPI monitor setups might end up drawing offscreen after your PC resumed from sleep.
- We fixed an issue where if you changed your display language preference to something other than the machine’s default then any app which did not take an update while also getting the updated language resource package from the Store would end up continuing to display its tile in Start in that default language rather than the new language displayed within the app and other system UI.
Windows 10 Build 16278 Changelog:
- We fixed an issue where upgrading to recent flights would fail if you had a speech for a secondary language installed.
- We fixed an issue where printing from 32-bit apps running on 64-bit versions of the OS was broken when using v3 print drivers on recent builds.
- The ability to take HDR screenshots on your PC via the Xbox app has been removed starting with this build. We plan to re-introduce this feature again in the future.
- We fixed an issue resulting in drag and drop onto websites intermittently not working in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge would crash after choosing to pin certain websites to Start.
- We fixed an issue where a tab in Microsoft Edge could get in a state where it displayed a tab preview thumbnail even though your mouse wasn’t hovering over the tab.
- We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge for certain websites where after watching an embedded video full screen then using Esc to return to the page would result in the video controller no longer being visible.
- We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where pasting an image to Imgur.com from your clipboard wouldn’t work.
- We fixed an issue where the Emoji Panel’s tooltips could become mixed up.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in precision touchpads potentially dropping gestures after coming out of sleep.
- We fixed an issue where the battery flyout might incorrectly show “PC not charging” while the device was changing in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue where fonts using shortcuts would become unusable and disappear from the Fonts folder.
- We fixed an issue resulting in multiple apps crashing in the previous flight if you tried to log into the app using Facebook.
- We fixed and issue where Delivery Optimization Group Policy / MDM policy for DOMinFileSizeToCache was ignored and the service defaults were used instead.