Microsoft has now started rolling out a new update to the Windows 10 OS version 1809. The latest update from Microsoft to the Windows 10 OS comes as a minor one and comes as KB4532691. It comes to Windows 10 version 1809 with build version 17763.1039. It brings some improvements and bug fixes on the table.
- Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Updates for storing and managing files.
- Updates to improve security when using external devices (such as game controllers, printers, and web cameras) and input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
Improvements and fixes:
- This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Cryptography, Windows Virtualization, Windows Hyper-V, Windows Core Networking, Windows Peripherals, Windows Network Security and Containers, Windows Storage and Filesystems, and Windows Server.
Note: This release also contains updates for Microsoft HoloLens (OS Build 17763.1039) released on February 11, 2020. Microsoft will release an update directly to the Windows Update Client to improve Windows Update reliability on Microsoft HoloLens that have not updated to this most recent OS Build.
You can manually download this update by clicking here. If you need help in understanding how to install these updates manually on your PC, you can refer to our step by step noob-friendly tutorial here.