This week so far has been a busy one for Microsoft with lots of Surface devices and of course a major update to Windows 10. Now here is some good news for Xbox Insiders. Members of the Xbox One Preview Omega will begin receiving the latest 1810 Xbox One system update(180928-1920).
Xbox Avatar Store
- Xbox Insiders in the Omega ring now have access to the Xbox Avatar Store, where they can search for and try out new apparel and accessories. Find something you like, preview it on your very own Avatar from within the store and complete the “Try the Avatar Store” Quest to give feedback! Please keep in mind that the Avatar Store is live and all purchases will be charged to your Microsoft Account.
- We’ve also pushed a new Avatar Store feature, which can be enjoyed by Alpha Skip Ahead, Alpha and Beta Insiders starting today. Now, when trying out new items in the Avatar Store, you can customize and preview different color options in real time – try it out!
- We’re continuing to expand Avatar Store items and Avatar Editor features, and we appreciate the early feedback provided by our Xbox Insiders.
Xbox Avatar Editor
- All Xbox Insiders in the Omega ring will have access to the New Avatar Editor starting today. If you’re an Omega Insider, check for the new Avatar Editor in your “Games & apps,” give it a try and be sure to leave feedback via the “Create a new Avatar” Quest in the Xbox Insider Hub!
Ready to Install
- In this update, we’ve simplified “My Games & apps” by making it easier to see what games and apps you have installed vs. what games and apps are ready to install. You’ll no longer see a “Ready to install” tab when you interact with “My games & apps” and will instead be able to toggle between “Installed” and “Ready to install” when viewing either games or apps. We’ve also placed all filter options under one button so that you can easily view your games and apps by size, letter, last update and more. Try it yourself and be sure to provide feedback!
- Renamed pins group now changes without the need for a reboot.
My Games and Apps
- Fixes for titles using the FastStart technology.
- Various fixes for the new Narrator languages.
- performance fixes in the platform.
- It can take up to 10 seconds to view an Avatar on the profile screen after creating a new Avatar.
My Games & Apps
- We are aware that some users are experiencing crashing of a game or the YouTube app when you are either launching or resuming the YouTube app.
- If you are in the YouTube app and then Resume to a Game the app/game and console may hang or crash.
- We are aware that some users are experiencing challenges navigating the Ready to Install Filter options in My Games and Apps. Some users are unable to select the filter options at all and we are investigating.
- We are tracking an issue in which the console is fully powering off when it is placed into Instant On mode.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.