Microsoft has now released the April 2017 build of Windows developer Virtual Machines. These Virtual Machines are currently available for download over at Windows Dev center and come in Hyper-V, Parallels, VirtualBox and VMWare flavors.
If you want to build Windows 10 apps using the Universal Windows Platform, you can either use the free evaluation version of the VMs, which expire after a pre-determined amount of period i.e. 07/07/17 and if you want a non-evaluation version of the VM, you will require a Windows 10 Pro license (EN-US only).
The latest evaluation virtual machine includes:
- Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation, Version 1703
- Visual Studio 2017 (Build 15.1) with the UWP and Azure workflows enabled
- Windows developer SDK and tools (Build 15063)
- Windows UWP samples (March 2017 Update)
- Bash on Ubuntu on Windows