Power BI Desktop application has received the April Feature Update. With the latest update, Microsoft is introducing Quick measures experience. There are other exciting updates to data connectivity and query editing, including a new way to add columns in the query editor: add column by example.
Additionally, matrix preview has been upgraded with even more features, and a preview release of Q&A in Spanish.
For a summary of the major updates, you can watch the following video:
Here’s the complete list of April updates:
- Rename axis titles
- New matrix visual enhancements: column sorting, column resizing, and word wrapping (preview)
- Connect to datasets in the Power BI service (preview)
- Redshift Connector: beta support & publish to Power BI service
- SAP HANA & BW Connectors: enhancements to parameter input experience
- Add column by example
- Split column (by delimiter/number of characters) into rows
- Group by – basic mode
- Go to column
Download Power BI Desktop (v2.45.4704.722)