Windows 10 Build 14393.1770 (October cumulative update KB4041691) is now live for the Windows 10 version 1607 commonly known as Anniversary update. As expected, this update doesn’t bring any new changes but only packs bug fixes and improvements.
It also has some known issues that you would like to read about below along with the detailed changelog.
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addressed issue where the Universal CRT caused the linker (link.exe) to stop working for large projects.
- Addressed issue with form submissions in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue with rendering a graphics element in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue with docking and undocking Internet Explorer windows.
- Addressed issue caused by a pop-up window in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue where a vendor API deleted data unexpectedly.
- Addressed issue where SD propagation stops working when you manually trigger Security Descriptor propagation (SDPROP) by setting the RootDse attribute FixupInheritance to 1. After setting this attribute, SD propagation and permissions changes made on Active Directory objects don’t propagate to child objects. No errors are logged.
- Addressed access violation in LSASS that occurs during startup of domain controller role conditions. A race condition causes the violation when account management calls occur while the database is refreshing internal metadata. A password reset or change is one of the management calls that may trigger this problem.
- Addressed issue where USBHUB.SYS randomly causes memory corruption that results in random system crashes that are extremely difficult to diagnose.
- Addressed issue where the ServerSecurityDescriptor registry value does not migrate when you upgrade to Windows 10 1607. As a result, users might not be able to add a printer using the Citrix Print Manager service. Additionally, they might not be able to print to a client redirected printer, a Citrix universal print driver, or a network printer driver using the Citrix universal print driver.
- Security updates to Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Microsoft Edge, Windows Authentication, Windows TPM, Device Guard, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Microsoft Windows DNS, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Server, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows SMB Server.
|After installing this update, downloading updates using express installation files may fail.||
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
Note: KB4041691 is not available with express installation files for Windows Server 2016.
|After installing a delta update package, the KB numbers appear twice under Installed Updates. This issue doesn’t occur when you install a full update package.||Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
When you uninstall the updates, uninstall the entries that have the same KB number.
|After installing KB4041691, package users may see an error dialog that indicates that an application exception has occurred when closing some applications. This can affect applications that use mshtml.dll to load web content. The failure only occurs when a process is already shutting down and will not impact application functionality.||Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.|