Microsoft today released a new cumulative update Build 16299.214 (10.0.16299.214) to everyone on Fall Creators update. Cumulative update KB4058258 brings this build and is available to install.
As expected this cumulative update doesn’t bring anything new in terms of changes and features. This update applies to
You can check the update availability by going to Settings–>Update & Security–>Windows update–>Check for updates.
Windows 10 Build 16299.214(KB4058258) Changelog:
Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses a compatibility issue where colors are distorted when the system is connected to displays that support wide color gamut.
- Addresses a condition where a second monitor that is connected to legacy AMD display adapters flashes after waking from sleep.
- Addresses issue that causes delays when switching keyboard languages using Alt+Shift.
- Addresses compatibility issues when rendering certain closed captions or subtitle formats during video playback.
- Addresses issue where the Microsoft Edge Allow Extension Group Policy for the disabled state was not working.
- Provides additional protections for 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows 10, version 1709.
- Resolves the issue reported by some customers on a small subset of older AMD processors where the processor entered an unbootable state after installing January 3, 2018—KB4056892 (OS Build 16299.192).
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Known issues in this update
|Windows Update History reports that KB4054517 failed to install because of error 0x80070643.||Even though the update was successfully installed, Windows Update incorrectly reports that the update failed to install. To verify the installation, select Check for updates to confirm that there are no additional updates available.
You can also type About your PC in the Search box on the taskbar to confirm that your device is using the expected OS build.
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
|Because of an issue that affects some versions of antivirus software, this fix applies only to computers on which the antivirus ISV updated the ALLOW REGKEY.||
Contact your antivirus manufacturer to verify that their software is compatible and that they have set the following REGKEY on the computer:
|After installing this update, some users may experience issues logging into some websites when using third-party account credentials in Microsoft Edge.||Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.|