Microsoft today released a new cumulative update Build 16299.98 to all the insiders on Fall Creators update (Build 16299.98). Cumulative update KB4051963 brings this build and is available to install.
As expected this cumulative update doesn’t bring anything new in terms of changes and features. There are fixes and security updates for drivers. Read the full changelog below.
Windows 10 Build 16299.98 (KB4051963) Changelog:
Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addressed a script-related issue that caused Internet Explorer to stop working in some cases.
- Addressed issue with the Input Method Editor’s (IME) text input window for Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue with rendering a graphics element in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue with form submissions in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue where the Location-hash is lost when navigating back if you previously navigated to an invalid URL.
- Addressed issue where applications may stop responding to customers who have internet or web proxies enabled using PAC script configurations. This is a result of a reentrancy deadlock in WinHTTP.dll. This can result in the following:
- Microsoft Outlook cannot connect to Microsoft Office365.
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge cannot successfully render any content (including local computer content, local network content, or web content).
- Cisco Jabber stops responding, which blocks messaging and telephony features.
- Any application or service that relies on WinHTTP is impacted.
- Addressed a performance regression when users run full-screen Microsoft DirectX 9 games and applications.
- Addressed issue that prevents Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 3 from running on some high-end gaming laptop configurations.
- Addressed issue where user selections for Feedback Frequency in Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics aren’t saved.
- Addressed issue where RNDIS5 networking devices don’t get a valid IP address or don’t show network connectivity. If the issue continues after installing the update, you may need to uninstall and reinstall your Remote NDIS network adapter using Device Manager.
- Addressed issue where if a user manually changes the system’s time zone and doesn’t log off or restart, the new time doesn’t display on the Lockscreen clock.
- Addressed issue that impacted some Epson SIDM (Dot Matrix) and TM (POS) printers, which were failing to print on x86 and x64-based systems. This issue affects KB4048955.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Known issues in this update
|After installing this KB, Internet Explorer 11 users who use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) may not be able to scroll through a drop-down menu using the scroll bar.||Using the scroll wheel on a mouse works as expected. This issue only applies to document mode 11, so attempting to load the page with document mode 10 may work around the issue.|
To change the document mode in Internet Explorer 11:
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.