Microsoft has now officially released a new build of Chromium Edge on the Development channel.
The latest build from Microsoft under the Chromium Edge Dev channel is 79.0.279.0. This is also a build in the direction of building version 79 of the Chromium Edge. The build comes with some new features and improvements over the earlier version.
- Enabled the static certificate pinning feature that was originally available in Chrome.
- Added a keyboard shortcut to mute tabs on Mac.
- Added support for hyphenated words when performing single-word intranet searches.
- Fixed an issue where watching DRM video like Netflix causes some devices to freeze.
- Fixed an issue where webpages sometimes crash when watching certain videos.
- Fixed a crash when using Read Aloud.
- Fixed an issue where using ctrl+F to find something on a webpage while certain things on the page are highlighted leads to a crash.
- Fixed some issues with Application Guard sessions not starting.
- Fixed an issue where navigation in Application Guard windows doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where context menus sometimes don’t show all contents properly.
- Fixed an issue where the autosuggest popup appears on fields where it shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue where a collection that’s deleted in one browser window isn’t immediately deleted from other browser windows.
- Fixed an issue where the translation popup didn’t have a button to close it.
- Fixed some issues when adding or deleting words in the spellcheck dictionary.
- Fixed an issue where using the keyboard shortcut to open the downloads page on an IE mode tab opens Edge’s downloads, not IE’s.
- Fixed an issue where opening the downloads page on an IE mode tab sometimes doesn’t open it in the foreground.
- Fixed an issue where installing IE mode sites as apps doesn’t properly show the site’s icon.
- Fixed an issue where the new tab button is invisible on Windows 7 if the Aero theme is used.
- Fixed an issue where the loading spinner shows up unexpectedly on items in collections.
Do please let us know if you find anything new in this build.