Microsoft’s Windows Developer Day keynote is now available for online viewing or download.
At the Windows Developer Day, Microsoft shared what’s new for developers in the Windows 10 Creators Update and what it means for your apps and games, and more about Microsoft’s latest developer products.
So, if you are a developer, building for the web or the UWP, the latest consumer app or line-of-business tool, there’s something in it for you and everyone around the space.
Here’s a quick recap of some of the announcements made at Windows Developer Day:
- Windows SDK Availability: Become a Windows Insider and get the newest feature-complete flight of the Windows 10 Creators Update SDK today.
- Documentation: For the first time, all of Microsoft’s developer documentation will be in one place (http://docs.microsoft.com/) where it will be easier to find and use. We are also opening up the docs to community contribution.
- Developer Platform Backlog: My team and I are making our backlog public, for both features and bugs. This will be online at noon today at https://developer.microsoft.com/windows/platform.
- Telerik Controls: The Telerik UWP control library is now open source and available on GitHub and as NuGet packages. Find out more at telerik.com/uwp.
- Cortana Skills Kit: The Cortana Skills Kit will enter open Developer Preview later this month.
- Rome SDK for Android: This is a new SDK that brings the cross-devices services of “Project Rome” to Android devices, allowing easy and powerful integration with Windows. Find the new SDK at https://github.com/Microsoft/project-rome.
- UWP Community Toolkit 1.3: Today, we are releasing a big update to the toolkit that includes many contributions from our developer community.
- Windows SDK for Google Analytics: This new SDK, available now, enables Windows developers (UMP, Xamarin, WPF and WinForms) access to one of the more popular and powerful real-time analytics suites. Get this today at https://github.com/dotnet/windows-sdk-for-google-analytics.
- Windows SDK for Facebook: With one billion users, Facebook offers one of the most powerful tools for you to acquire new users for your app or game. Check out the new SDK here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/app-ads/windows-sdk.