Microsoft is working to bring even more UI tweaks with Windows 11 version 22H2 aka Sun Valley 2 update. In the recently release Build 22543 for Dev channel it has done UI changes in Snap Layout, Media controls on Lock screen, Disks & Volume and Storage Spaces settings. It has also added a confirmation flyout in WIN + ALT + K keyboard shortcut that mutes your call.
Coming to details now, Windows 11 version 22H2 may bring updated media controls on Lock screen. The updated media controls will match with the design of media controls in quick settings. It has also updated the UI of resizing app windows in snap layouts. The app windows will now show the app icon on top of the acrylic background.
Microsoft has also updated Disks & Volume and Storage Spaces settings pages to match overall Windows 11 settings design. There are even more changes like the updated progress ring animation and a new confirmation fly-out while using WIN + ALT + K keyboard shortcut to mute your call. Check the full changelog provided by Microsoft below.
- Building on the recent changes to the flyout design for the hardware indicators, we have updated the media controls which appear on the Lock screen when playing music in a supported app. It more closely matches the design shown for the media controls in Quick Settings when signed-in to your PC. The media controls will always use dark theme to complement the rest of the Lock Screen visual style. [We are beginning to roll this change out, so it isn’t available to all Insiders just yet as we plan to monitor feedback and see how it lands before pushing it out to everyone.]
- We have updated the experience of resizing app windows in snap layouts by overlaying the relevant app icon on top of the acrylic background. Snap some windows using the snap assist, resize the snapped window layout using the buffer and watch the other snapped windows go out-of-focus overlaid with their app icon.
- Using the WIN + ALT + K keyboard shortcut to mute your call will now show a confirmation flyout.
- The input switcher improvements announced with Build 22518, including updated design with an acrylic background, is now available to all Insiders in the Dev Channel.
- When doing a full build upgrade, the progress ring animation has been updated, aligning with the updated boot screen animation.
- Updated the design of System > Storage > Disks & Volume and Storage Spaces in Settings to align with the overall design of Settings in Windows 11. Certain options for the drive, volume, and space, like properties, are also now directly available inline on these pages as buttons without having to click that entry first.
The Windows 11 update destined to come out next year will be the version 22H2. As per a new report this update will bring much-desired and currently missing Taskbar features back. It may also bring system-wide Dark mode and many other new features and UI changes.
The Windows 11 version 22H2 update is termed Sun Valley 2 update internally. It may follow the Windows 11 21H2 release date schedule. Read more about Windows 11 version 22H2 new features and release date by clicking here.