Groove Music on Windows 10 is finally getting the most requested features in the upcoming feature updates. As reported by Thurrott.com, Microsoft is working on to introduce some of the highly requested treats like Visualizations, Equalizer, AI based playlist recommendation and more to Groove Music.
Here’s a quick run down of some of the expected upcoming features:
- Music Visualizations — Groove Music will get support for music visualizations. These work the same way as was the case with good old Windows Media Player. However, at the moment, there are only two types of visualizations available (Ribbons and Dots) with a defined set of colour schemes.
- Equalizer — For most people, it is always a better choice to fine tune the current track to their own liking and for this purpose, an integrated equalizer is a saviour. If you are familiar with setting up an equalizer by dragging the low and high-frequency sliders up and down on your mobile device, this would be no different, either.
- Recommended Spotlight — Groove Music recommendations will be better in the future. Groove Music is adding 2 spotlight playlists to the Recommended page – Fresh on Friday and Today’s Picks. These are not random picks but based on the music you like and listen to.
- Playlist Personalization — While Groove Music already supports playlist sharing, Microsoft is taking it up a notch further allowing users to personalize the playlist by adding a title, short description, and change the cover art etc. What’s interesting is the ability to Ink on the album art using Windows Ink, or set an entirely new photo (if hardware allows) using an existing image.
- Automatic Playlist Creation — If you are facing difficulties creating a playlist, Groove Music will now be able to help you with that, thanks to machine learning. Just input some of the parameters such as genre, artist, pace, and Groove will do the rest for you.
Here is a proof of what we talked earlier.
Do let us know your favourite feature in the comment section below.