Microsoft had released Windows 10 Build 18282 for Insiders in the Fast ring. Compared to the last preview builds of 19H1, this one has quality features and actually feels great to eyes. The new Light Theme, Window snip, a new printing experience, new Windows Update page, and the introduction of Dark Theme in OneDrive flyout are all welcome change and much-needed features in the Operating system. In the demo video, we mostly talk about these features and their shortcomings which are of course going to be fixed in later Builds or at least we can cross our fingers.
- First off, I did not encounter any issue while installing the Build 18282 even though at this stage Windows 10 is known to be susceptible to several problems.
- It’s not all good news though but I expect things to be rough at this point. While I did not have any crashes, the opening of apps was a bit slow.
- The Light Theme is as Microsoft says System-wide, it is actually system wide but not without flaws. The light theme is not perfect. On Light Theme, OneDrive logo is hardly visible.
- Window snip works great but Microsoft did not roll out the feature to everyone. Only 50 percent of the Insiders got the feature.
- The Windows Update page now gives you more control over updates, finally allowing you to pause updates for 7 days at a stretch.
Overall, You wouldn’t spend sleepless nights after installing the Windows 10 Build 18282 but as might have guessed it is just unable to power your main PC just yet.