Skype, we all love it. Millions of people around the world use it daily to stay in touch with their friends, colleagues or the loved ones. Suppose, if you want to quickly get in touch with a friend whose has never been to Skype and doesn’t know the details, may be they don’t have the time to sign up for an account to use it.
What would you do in such a case?
Well, don’t worry because Skype has announced a new feature that makes easier than ever for you to connect with anyone on Skype, without needing to register or even download it.
By joining Skype as a Guest, you can quickly chat, voice or video call without any hassle. Perfect if you’re new to Skype and want to quickly chat with someone, anywhere in the world, for free.
As I am a Windows Phone user, I am going to show you how to generate a link on Skype Preview app available on Windows 10 PC’s and phone.
- open Skype Preview app on your device (available with the Anniversary update)
- Tap on + to start a new conversation.
- Scroll all the way down and tap on “Send them a link” which will take you to another screen.
- From the screen prompt which reads “invite other people by sending this link, even if they are not on Skype‘ (which makes sense), tap on “copy link“.
- A link will be generated and copied, which you can share with your friends or colleagues with your medium of choice.
You can also email the person immediately by tapping on envelope button which opens up the Mail app and generates an understandable amount of email body including a join link. Just punch in the TO field and wait for the person to respond and join the conversation.
Please note you can still enjoy Skype’s free features, including one to one and group instant messaging, voice and video calls, screen sharing and even file sharing.
You can invite up to 300 people to chat and up to 25 people on a voice or video call, all for free.
When using Skype as a Guest, your conversation will last for 24 hours. Go to Skype.com to give it a try today!
What do you think of this new feature? Do let us know in the comments below.