Microsoft owned LinkedIn recently announced its Desktop only Windows 10 app sparking much anger among the mobile phone fans as to why the app was released as PC only and NOT as a UWP app.
Folks over at WindowsBlogItalia managed to overcome the limitation and thus acquired the mobile .appx package which can be side-loaded on to your mobile device.
Here’s how to get the package and install on your Windows 10 Mobile phone:
- On your phone, go to Settings > Update and Security > For Developers
- Enable the Developer mode option.
- Download the file from this MEGA resource on your Windows 10 phone.
- Browse over to the file/folder using File Explorer app, and then install it.
- The app should appear in your app list within a few moments.
As far the app performance is concerned, we did not notice any major issues. The app logged in successfully and we were able to navigate through the app though there is a little bit of noticeable lag. During our use, we did not face any app crash whatsoever. Give this app a try and let us know what you think.
If you find this tutorial helpful, please share the post, too.