Intel has released its first Windows 11 compatible driver. The Graphics (DCH) driver 188.8.131.5284 brings Windows 11 support and can be downloaded from the official Intel site. What is however more interesting is the fact that the page mentions Windows 11 first released as “Windows 11 October 2021” update.
This confirms previous reports about Microsoft planning to publicly release Windows 11 in October 2021. Though it seems that Microsoft will make Windows 11 available to existing and eligible Windows 10 PCs in 2022 only.
Windows 11 brings lots of UI/UX changes and new features over Windows 10. You can read all the new features and changes that Windows 11 brings over Windows 10 in our massive collated changelog.
If you want to know what is new in the new Graphics Driver, you can check the details below. Head over to the page to download the driver if you want to take the dive.
- Windows® 11 Support
- Support for F1 2021*
- Optimizations to reduce load times and stuttering in Moonlight Blade*(DX12) and Call of Duty: Warzone* (DX12).
- Support for Windows 11 Microsoft Auto HDR feature on 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors with Iris Plus Graphics or higher
Install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant, which automatically checks for drivers on a regular basis and can provide notifications when new drivers are available.
This is a DCH driver. Click for more information about DCH drivers
Supported OS versions
- Microsoft Windows® 10-64 – October 2018 Updated (1809)(RS5)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – May 2019 Update (1903)(19H1)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – November 2019 Update (1909)(19H2)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – May 2020 Update (2004)(20H1)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – October 2020 Update (20H2)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – May 2021 Update (21H1)
- Microsoft Windows 11 – October 2021 Update
Platform (OS Support)
6th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family (Codename Skylake) (19H1)
7th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family (Codename Kaby Lake) (19H1)
8th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family (Codename Kaby Lake-R, Coffee Lake) (19H1)
9th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family (Codename Coffee Lake-R) (19H1)
Apollo Lake (19H1)
Amber Lake (19H1)
Gemini Lake (19H1)
Whiskey Lake (19H1)
Comet Lake (19H1)
10th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family (Codename Ice Lake) (19H1)
Intel® Core™ Processor with Intel® Hybrid Technology (Codename Lakefield) (19H2+)
Intel® Pentium® Processor family (Codename Jasper Lake) (19H2+)
Intel® Celeron® Processor family (Codename Jasper Lake) (19H2+)
11th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family (Codename Tiger Lake) (19H2+)
Intel® Iris® Xe Dedicated Graphics family (Codename DG1) (20H1+)
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Rocket Lake) (20H2+)
11th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family (Codename Tiger Lake -H) (20H2+)