Intel today released a new Graphics driver update for Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book. The latest update brings some new fixes and improvements to the graphics rendering. According to change log, company has fixed “many hangs, crashes, and graphics corruptions across a wide spectrum of games and applications.” Also update fixes the full screen rotation issues in some games. Check out official change log below.
What’s new in latest update
Whether you’re a casual gamer, power user, or gamer, this driver is aimed to improve your overall experience. We’ve fixed many hangs, crashes, and graphics corruptions across a wide spectrum of games and applications. We’re especially pleased to report that this driver also fixes some long-standing and frequently reported graphics issues on Intel’s Support Community, including a scaling issue with Windows 10, and an error found when playing a particular game title.
Please see below for additional details on fixed issues
• System may hang while resuming from Sleep/Hibernation while using WiDi
• Graphics corruptions may be seen in Just Cause 3*, Forza Apex*, The Witness*, XCOM 2*, Ark Survival: Evolved
• Scaling issue, Black Borders problem in Windows 10® – Stuck at ‘Constrain proportions’
• Screen may not rotate in full-screen mode and other miscellaneous issues with screen rotation.
• System may crash when playing back videos over WiDi or Miracast
The latest update version 22.214.171.12463 is applicable only for Intel HD 515, 520 and 540. You may use Intel Driver Utility Tool to download this update on your system.