Microsoft owned LinkedIn is ready to roll out its largest desktop redesign since it came into existence. It brings the complete overhaul of the website which means no matter on what device you are on, you can expect the best possible LinkedIn experience.
The new LinkedIn experience is more intuitive, faster and creates more value for you, and gives you seamless access to most relevant conversations, content and opportunities regardless of the screen you are viewing from.
The navigation on desktop has been simplified into seven core areas — Home (Your Feed), Messaging, Jobs, Notifications, Me, My Network, and Search.
You can watch the video above in case the long lines of text bore you. It demoes all the new features very nicely!
Here are a few enhancements we think you’ll enjoy most:
- Streamlined navigation: There are now seven core areas on the bar navigation — Home (Your Feed), Messaging, Jobs, Notifications, Me, My Network, and Search. With one simple click on the “more” icon on the navigation bar you can also launch into other experiences that matter to you, like LinkedIn Learning.
- Smarter messaging that helps you connect and unlock new opportunities: With our new real-time messaging interface, you can message a connection wherever you are on LinkedIn. We’ll also start serving up insights across the site to help you break the ice in any conversation and connect you to your next opportunity. For example, if you see a new job posting you’re interested in, we’ll suggest someone within your network who works at the company.
- Richer Feed to keep you informed: With a combination of algorithms and human editors working together, we’ve fine tuned your Feed to surface the most relevant content from people and publishers you care most about. We’ll also be adding new ways for you to dive deep into specific topics relevant to you and follow trending stories.
- More intuitive search: You now have one universal search box to easily find people, jobs, companies, groups and schools. You can refine your search by using filter options on the right hand side, with the ability to search posts coming soon. Also, we’re investing further to better understand signals on what they searching for? Or who you are searching for so we can bring you the best results for any search query.
- Greater insight into who’s viewing your content: You can now see who’s reading and engaging with the content you share, including the company, job title and location of the people who are interested in your updates.
- Better suggestions to make your profile stand out: We’ve improved profile suggestions so you can more easily see what you need to do to look your best professionally, for example, suggested skills based on what recruiters are searching for.
Do you actively use LinkedIn in your professional career? Do let us know in the comments below.