Microsoft has been testing new features for Xbox One via its Xbox Insiders program. Last month it released many new features based on the community feedback to insiders for testing. After many rounds of testing and feedback, Microsoft is now rolling out these features to non-insiders aka general Xbox One users out there.
Microsoft has also talked about some new features that will come next to all Xbox One users after this update. These upcoming features will include ability to select the audio input and output sources for Party chat on the Xbox app for Windows 10, Kinect auto-zoom for Beam and Twitch broadcasts, and Captive Portal support for wireless internet on your Xbox One.
Coming to the current features update, read the new features in detail in the official changelog provided below.
Profile and Activity Feed
- New ‘Join broadcast’ button in your profile, one of the many ways to access the game stream of someone broadcasting their gameplay.
- In your Activity Feed, we’re adding the ability to hide individual posts, pin posts to the top of your feed, and filter posts by friends, games or Clubs.
Clubs and Looking for Group (LFG)
- When you create an LFG post, as the owner you will be able to see new vetting cards that include hero stats from gamers interested in joining your party. Hero stats are contextual to the game you’re playing, showing you relevant stats like kill/death ratio, rank, or score.
- Achievement hunters, this one is for you! You will be able to search LFG posts from the Achievements tab, related to the Achievement you’re trying to finish.
- We’re adding the number of open LFG posts to the Game Hub and Club Hub headers.
- Have you made a successful LFG post that you want to create again? Now you can see previous LFG posts that you have created, participated or shown interest in, and can copy them to create new posts.
- When creating an LFG post, see all the recent tags you’ve used and easily select them.
- Club owners and admins will be identified and labeled in their text posts to better help them stand out and manage their community.
- Club owners and admins can pin a post at the top of their Club feed.
My Games and Apps, and Settings
- In ‘My Games and Apps,’ we’re adding the ability to filter your game library by platform – Xbox One and Xbox 360.