Acer today at IFA came up with a brand new 15-inch laptop, Swift 5, weighing less than 2.2 pounds thus becoming the world’s lightest notebook PC to date. The premium notebook has some serious specs inside which is enough to do most of the heavy liftings.
Powered by Windows 10 inside the brand-new notebook we have 8th generation Intel Core i7-8565U for the flagship model and a Core i5-8265U processor for the entry level. On paper, you get up to 10 hours of battery life and backlit keyboard.
Talking about its design, the Swift 5 is constructed from a magnesium-lithium alloy, gives a sturdy base for palm rest while using the keyboard and trackpad. With this ultra-thin design, Acer somehow managed to put a fingerprint reader. It also supports Windows Hello.
More insights into the 15-inch Swift 5
- Up to 16GB of DDR4 SDRAM and up to a 1TB NVMe PCIe SSD for speedy boot times and file accessing
- Full HD 1920×1080 IPS  touchscreen
- Ultra-narrow bezels measuring 0.23 inches, giving it an 87.6 percent screen-to-body ratio to create an immersive viewing experience
- Acer BluelightShield to reduce blue-light emissions for nighttime viewing, while Acer Color Intelligence technology dynamically adjusts gamma and saturation in real-time for optimum screen-color and brightness
- Acer TrueHarmony technology and optimized Dolby Audio to deliver high-quality sound via the dual stereo speakers
- Fast and reliable WiFi connection with 2×2 802.11ac wireless Gigabit performance
- USB 3.1 Type-C Gen-2 port delivering high-speed 10 Gbps data transfers, supporting power delivery and display output, two USB 3.1 Type-A ports (one with power-off charging functionality) and an HDMI port
Pricing and Availability
The Acer Swift 5 with 15-inch display (SF515-51T) will be available in North America in January, 2019, starting at $1,099; in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) in November, starting at €1,099; and in China, in November, starting at ¥7,499.