Microsoft is now silently rolling out a new update to the Microsoft Edge browser. The update to Microsoft Edge comes in Beta channel of the browser.
Speaking of the update, the update brings a new build in the version 91 and is officially noted as 91.0.864.11. The latest build comes with some new features and improvements.
If we talk about some changes and new features in the build 91, we get some feature updates like ability to identify network traffic originating from Microsoft Defender Application Guard containers at the proxy level.
Another new feature added in this build is ‘Current Page’ option for printing PDF documents, starting with Microsoft Edge version 91.
As always, the detailed changelog is given below,
- Identify network traffic originating from Microsoft Defender Application Guard containers at the proxy level. Starting with Microsoft Edge version 91, there’s built in support to tag network traffic originating from Application Guard containers, allowing enterprises to identify them and apply specific policies.
- Support option to allow synchronizing Favorites from the host to the Edge Application Guard container. Starting with Microsoft Edge version 91, users have the option to configure Application Guard to synchronize their favorites from the host to the container. This ensures new favorites appear on the container as well.
- ‘Current Page’ option for printing PDF documents. Starting with Microsoft Edge version 91, we have added support for printing just the current page in view for PDF documents. You can do this by selecting the ‘Current Page’ option under the ‘Pages’ section in print dialog.
- Support for Speech Recognition APIs. Starting with Microsoft Edge version 91, API support for speech recognition commands on Google.com and similar sites will be added. This feature is limited to a randomly selected group of users who have enabled experimentation. These users are giving feedback to the feature team.
- Personalize your browser with new theme colors. Make Microsoft Edge your own with one of the fourteen new theme colors on the Settings -> Appearance page. You can also install custom themes from the Microsoft Edge Add-on site. Learn more
Six new policies were added. Download the updated Administrative Templates from the Microsoft Edge Enterprise landing page. The following new policies were added:
- ApplicationGuardTrafficIdentificationEnabled – Application Guard Traffic Identification
- NewTabPageContentEnabled – Allow Microsoft News content on the new tab page
- NewTabPageQuickLinksEnabled – Allow quick links on the new tab page
- ProactiveAuthEnabled – Enable Proactive Authentication