Microsoft has now silently started rolling out a new build of Microsoft Office. The latest build of Microsoft Office comes to Office for Windows.
The new build of Microsoft Office comes to those in the Office Insider program from the company. The latest update has build version 12624.20086 for Office Insiders. It comes with some new features and other improvements on board. It brings some notable changes to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Project for Office on Windows.
A detailed changelog is given below,
- Fixed an issue where creating a rule with Outlook Web Access did not persist to the Exchange server and resulted in a conflict.
- Fixed an issue with Outlook in dark mode would not display the drop-down list in the ‘From:’ field.
- Addresses an issue that caused users to be unable to attach a file to their mail message via the file explorer when that file was open in another application.
- Fixed an issue where the recommended thumbnails flash when hovering your mouse over the thumbnails. In some cases, this could cause PowerPoint to crash.
- Fixed an issue with Compare feature for documents that were protected for editing.
Fixed an issue Word/Excel/PowerPoint where the User Principal Name (UPN) is no longer case sensitive resulting in fewer failures when working with files on SharePoint.
Fixed a cosmetic issue where the ‘OK’ button on the File \ Options dialog was being displayed as grayed out but the functionality was not impacted