Microsoft has released the Microsoft Launcher v6 to general public today and it brings many new features and UI changes along with itself. Major new features include Personalized News, Landscape mode, Customizable App Icons, Bing-Supported Wallpaper, Dark Theme, and performance improvements.
Check the new features and changes that Microsoft Launcher v6 brings with itself in detail below and click on the download box to install it on your Android smartphones. It can be downloaded now from the Google Play store.
- Personalized news: Stay in the know. The personalized news feed updates throughout the day with top trending stories, making it easy to stay on top of whatever’s relevant to you.
- Landscape mode: Microsoft Launcher supports vertical and horizontal orientations to enhance your viewing preference.
- Customizable icons: Give your phone a consistent look and feel with custom icon packs and adaptive icons.
- Beautiful wallpapers: Enjoy a fresh new wallpaper from Bing every day or choose your own photos.
- Dark theme: Reduce eye strain when using your phone at night or in low light environments. This feature is compatible with Android’s default dark mode settings.
- Improved performance: Microsoft Launcher now loads faster, uses less memory, is more battery efficient, and offers fluent animations.
There are however some requirements and known issues too that you may check below.
Microsoft Launcher requirements:
- Phone supporting Android version 7.0 or higher
- You must download Microsoft Launcher from Google Play Store. Downloading Microsoft Launcher will replace the default launcher. Microsoft Launcher does not replicate the user’s PC home screen on the Android phone. Users must still purchase and/or download any new apps from Google Play.
- Native Android 10 navigation gestures may not work for all phone manufacturers and models.
- System dark theme is supported on devices with Android 8.0 and above.
- Setting 3rd-party launchers as Default is only supported on select OEM devices.
- Sticky notes sync issues may occur after upgrading to v6.
- Notification badges may need to be enabled again after v6 upgrade.