Microsoft has announced a new Office app for the iPad.
As per the company, the new app combines the familiar Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps into a single, iPadOS-optimized app. This change came into effect with the release of iOS Version 2.47 (21022805) which is rolling out to Office Insiders on iOS platform.
Key Features to try
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint combined in one app:
- Create, edit, and work together on Office documents with others in real-time.
- Use templates to easily get started with your resume, budget, presentations, and other documents.
- Easily store, access and search for Word, Excel, PowerPoint files stored in your personal cloud storage, on your device, or across your organization (if using a work account).
Unique ways that make document creation easier:
- Snap a picture of a document and turn it into an editable Word file with the press of a button.
- Transform a picture of a table into an Excel spreadsheet so you can work with the data.
- Design a PowerPoint presentation by simply selecting the pictures you want to use from your device.
- Create automatically enhanced digital images of whiteboards and documents with Microsoft Lens features.
Transform your physical world into digital with built-in Actions:
- Instantly create PDFs from photos or Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
- Easily transfer files between your phone and computer.
- Sign PDFs using your finger or Apple Pencil.
- Quickly jot down ideas and notes with Sticky Notes.
- Scan QR codes to open links.
- There are no content type filters on the home screen.
- No support for using two instances of Office app side-by-side.
- There is no support for Office Add-ins (Agaves).
Tips and tricks
Use a mouse or trackpad with your iPad.
- iPad with iPadOS 13 or later.
Version 2.47 (21022805)
Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Access commands on mouse and trackpad
Users who use a mouse or trackpad with their iPad can access the new context menus designed for these devices, giving them quick access to useful commands. This feature is available in Word, Excel, PowerPoint or the new Office app on iPad.
Dictation is available in more languages
Dictation is now available in more languages. With the addition of more languages, more speakers worldwide can use speech-to-text. Dictation now supports seven new languages: Hindi, Russian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Korean, Thai, and Chinese (Taiwan). We are continuing to add more languages as well.
Office app on iPad
We’re happy to announce the new Microsoft Office app that you love on your iPhone is now available for the iPad. We’re combining the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps you know into a single, iPadOS-optimized app.
How to Download
Please follow the instructions on https://aka.ms/iOSInsiderOffice.
Note: There are a limited number of seats available for the TestFlight release.