The Executive Council of Dubai in partnership with Microsoft is launching a new typeface for Office, Dubai Font. The Dubai font is freely available for both private and commercial purposes with matching Arabic and Latin scripts and, is the first font to ship with Office applications where both Arabic and Latin were designed at the same time.
The General Secretariat of Executive Council of Dubai in partnership with Microsoft has undertaken an initiative to empower youth across the globe by pioneering new means of self-expression. To spread the message across the world and to truly promote literacy and education, Microsoft has helped turn a vision into a reality. The organization is dedicated to bettering and enabling people with the tools necessary to facilitate individuality through self-expression. Using their global reach and software as a platform for this powerful initiative, they are a key driver behind the creation of Dubai Font and its vision.
The Dubai Font is available in four different weights viz., Light, Regular, Medium and Bold. These support 23 different languages and is available worldwide with Office 365 and for other Office versions as well.
You can download the font today and experience it first hand with Office applications.
How to install on Windows 10/8.1/7
- Extract the folder containing the Dubai Font. (Get WinRAR)
- Browse to extracted folder and right click on each font file, select Install.
- Search for Fonts in the search box by the start menu.
- Click on the Fonts (Control Panel) link to open the Fonts Manager
- Drag and Drop or Copy and Paste the unzipped fonts into the Fonts Manager to install.