Microsoft has started rolling out a new feature for Office for Windows users – animated GIFs.
With animated GIFs, Microsoft PowerPoint users can export the slides present inside a presentation as an animated GIF and save it to their PC for later use.
However, with the recent Beta Channel update on Windows, Microsoft has further enhanced the functionality and offer to make the background transparent when exporting.
How to export Animated GIFs in Power Point
1. Open PowerPoint and create a new ppt file. (Adjust slide size by selecting Design > Slide Size > Custom Slide Size)
2. Once you are finished with the design and stuff, go to File > Export > Create an Animated GIF.
3. Tick mark the option to Make background transparent.
4. Click the Create GIF button.
5. In the Save As dialog box, choose a location to save your Animated GIF and click Save.
This feature is currently available to users running Office for Windows (Beta Channel) Version 2010 (Build 13318.20000) or later.