With the latest Windows 11 update Microsoft has brough some changes and fixed many issues. One of the noteworthy changes is the “Windows 11 Black screen of death reverting to the Windows 10 Blue screen of death”. Microsoft has mentioned this change in the release notes of the update.
- Changes the screen color to blue when a device stops working or a stop error occurs as in previous versions of Windows.
The update has also brought fixes for many Windows 11 startup and hibernation related issues. The update fixes issues like processor not responding and problem with system memory management unit’s fault handling after hibernation.
Microsoft has also fixed the “bad image” error message at startup faced by many Windows 11 users. The update also addresses startup issue that makes Windows 11 PC unresponsive due to licensing API calls.
Check the details of these fixes as provided by Microsoft below.
- Addresses an issue that causes some users to see an unexpected “bad image” error message dialog at startup.
- Addresses an issue that fails to apply machine Group Policy objects automatically at startup or in the background to devices on a domain that have certain processors.
- Addresses an issue that prevents your device from starting up, and it becomes unresponsive because of licensing API calls.
- Addresses an issue that causes devices that have certain processors to stop responding when waking from hibernation.
- Addresses an issue that affects the System Memory Management Unit’s (SMMU) fault handling after hibernation.