In a blog post, today, Microsoft announced that Visio Viewer is coming to the App Store for iPad devices.
Visio has been a trusted tool in diagramming for more than a decade, and with Visio Viewer for iPad, users will be able to share or access diagrams from nearly anywhere, gain operational insights and explore real-world diagrams easily.
To use the Visio Viewer for iPad app, you’ll need one of the following devices running iOS 9.0 or later:
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch
- iPad Pro 9.7 inch
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad 4th generation
- iPad 3rd generation
- iPad 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini
Please note in order to use Visio Viewer, you will need a personal Microsoft account or work or school account associated with your Office 365 subscription.
Once signed in, you can access any Visio files stored on OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint. If you share a Visio file from any other app, such as Outlook, you can view that file in Visio Viewer for iPad.
Visio Viewer for iPad supports Visio files in .vsd or .vsdx format.
Here are the app features:
- View files from OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint
- View files received as email attachments
- Pan or zoom
- Turn layers on or off
- Copy the current view of a Visio diagram as an image and paste it in another app
- Share a Visio file as a link or attachment
- Find text in a shape
- Save a copy of a file on your device or the cloud
- Print a Visio diagram to a compatible AirPrint printer.
Microsoft is also planning to bring Visio for iPhone in the coming months.
In the meanwhile, you can download Visio Viewer app from the App store here.