Mouse Without Borders is a tiny but super powerful application that helps users to control up to four computers from a single mouse and keyboard at a given time.
Mouse without Borders is for Windows and allows you to effortlessly move from one machine to another while performing tasks like drag and drop or copy and paste text, screen capture and file across multiple machines.
Mouse Without Borders is a Microsoft Garage project by Truong Do. Garage projects are side projects that Microsoft employees like Truong build for fun on their nights and weekends.
Supported Operating System
- Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 (32/64 bit). .Net 4.0 & up.
- After installing Mouse without Borders, you will see a Setup dialog.
- In the first machine, click NO on the first dialog. It will bring you to the second dialog where you see the security code and computer name. Keep the dialog open and go to the second computer.
- In the second machine, click YES to the first dialog then enter the information that you got from the first computer.
- Click LINK to link the two computers, after the computers get connected you can simply move the mouse cursor from one machine to the other passing the screen edge, keyboard input follows your mouse cursor to the other computers as well.
- After setting up your computers, you can bring up the Settings form by clicking on Mouse without Borders system tray icon or using the hot key Ctrl+Alt+M. Here you can add more computers, drag/drop computer thumbnails to setup their position and change other options.