Microsoft pushed a new cumulative update to the PCs running the latest version of Windows 10, the May 2019 Update. Taking the O.S. version to Build 18362.207, Microsoft’s new cumulative update, KB4501375 offers a plethora of fixes and performance improvements. Of course, it doesn’t offer any new features.
List of Fixes:
- Resolves an issue that does not display the cursor when hovering over the keyboard magnifying glass.
- Resolves an issue with loop redirects between Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.
- Resolves an issue with the display of the SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) marker.
- Resolves an issue with programmatic scrolling in Internet Explorer 11.
- Resolves an issue with displaying parts of a Web page with many elements and multiple levels of nesting under certain conditions in Internet Explorer.
- Resolves an issue that could cause “Error 1309” when installing or uninstalling certain types of .msi or .msp files on a virtual drive.
- Resolves an issue that can cause night lights, color management profiles or gamma correction to be interrupted after a device is shut down.
- Resolves an issue that only shows the gray scale in the camera when recording to Windows Hello.
- Resolves an issue that may cause some video content generated by iOS devices to not be played back.
- Resolves an issue with desktop flickering and the taskbar on Windows Server 2019 Terminal Server that occurs when using user profile disks.
- Resolves an issue that allows users to disable the access background image when the “Computer Administrative Templates Control Panel Customization Prevent the Lock Screen and Login Image” policy is enabled.
- Resolves a disconnection problem when using fitness software on an Android phone on which the Phone application is installed.
- Resolves an issue that prevents the Windows Event Log service from processing notifications that the log is full. This makes event log behaviors impossible, such as storing the log when it reaches a maximum file size. Also, the local security authority (LSA) cannot handle CrashOnAuditFail scenarios when the security registry is full and events cannot be written.
- Resolves an issue that causes Office 365 applications to hang after opening when they are deployed as App-V packages.
- Resolves an issue that could prevent container hosts from receiving an address from a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server.
- Resolves an issue that may prevent some updates from Windows 7 from completing successfully when third-party antivirus software is installed.
- Reinforce the certificate revocation list (CRL) on Internet Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2) machines for certificate-based VPN (Virtual Private Network) connections, such as Device Tunnel, in an Always On VPN distribution.
- Resolves an issue that triggers a Group Policy update even when there are no policy changes. This problem occurs when you use the client-side extension (CSE) for folder redirection.
- Resolves an issue that could prevent the Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) from starting a device from a Windows Deployment Services (WDS) server configured to use the variable window extension. This could cause premature connection of the WDS server connection during image download. This problem has no effect on clients or devices that do not use the variable window extension.
- Resolves an issue that may display the error “MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will download it” when trying to expand, view, or create custom views in Event Viewer. Furthermore, the application may stop responding or shut down. You may also receive the same error when using the Current Log Filter in the Action menu with embedded views or logs.
- Resolves an issue with WinHTTP recordings that increase the size of the registry and delay the start of the operating system. This occurs on devices that use auto-config (PAC) proxy files to define how web browsers and agents select an appropriate proxy server. To stop incremental registry growth, update the following: Path: HKEY_CURRENTUSER Software Classes Localettings Software Microsoft Windows Current AppContainer Mappings Setting: CleanupLeakedContainer Recordings Type: DWORD Value: 1 Value 1 removes records preexisting; the value 0 (default) preserves existing records.
To download the update go to Settings, click on Update and Security, and then hit Check for Updates.