Microsoft has rolled out a new Windows 10 Build for those in Xbox One Preview Alpha & Alpha Skip Ahead. The Build version is 1810.180807-1920 and it will begin rolling out at 2.00 p.m. PDT and will become mandatory shortly after that.
Coming to what this build brings, we can see a list of fixes and known issues in the changelog shared officially.
Important Build Notes
We’ve received feedback that the integration of Avatars on console has been a bit confusing due to the use of phrases like “Avatars on Home” and “Avatars on Dashboard,” so we wanted to clear up a few things. Currently, Avatars are visible to Xbox Insiders in the Alpha Skip Ahead and Alpha Rings in the following places: the Avatar Editor, activity feed, leaderboards, and the Profile.
My Games and Apps
You will notice a User Interface (UI) change to the filters in My Games and Apps. Please provide your feedback as we flight this new UI.
- We have fixed the issues with audio that some users with HDMI audio experienced hearing no audio at all or intermittent audio.
- Stability fixes to address failures with various console sound settings of PCM, Dolby Atmos and DTS.
- Fixes so that users should not see errors when moving groups
- Fixes for some users that had groups disappear.
- Fixes for users getting errors when trying to edit Groups with last 1810 build.
My Games and Apps
- Improvements to the AI and tech used in the FastStart installation process.
- Streaming apps such as Netflix, Hulu, Plex and Youtube should no longer crash given the audio fixes.
- Various localization bug fixes.
- Various Performance and bug fixes.
- Fixes to ensure the Virtual Keyboard works with Hulu
- We are aware that some users are experiencing issues with headsets with the mic not working. Please file feedback when you see this.
- It can take up to 10 seconds to view an Avatar on the profile screen the first time after your console has flashed.
- We are aware that some users encounter performance issues when coming out of instant on. Please take the console update and then after it has landed on home, wait and be patient as some fixes are implemented. You should then see subsequent boots being a lot faster. Please file feedback if you continue to see issues.
- Microsoft Edge crashes for some users at random times.
- The cursor may disappear when exiting and re-entering the app
- Workaround: Press Y when re-entering the app to make the cursor re-appear
- Sometimes users may encounter stuttering when launching straight into Oneguide after the console is turned on from Instant on. Please file feedback when you see this.
- Here is a workaround to resolve temporarily:
- Navigate Home via the Guide
- Quit OneGuide manually from the Home screen
- Wait 15-30 secs
- Launch any other streaming app (Netflix, HBOGO, YouTube)
- One launched, play a video
- Once video begins playing (it should play normally) exit the app and relaunch OneGuide
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- We are aware that some characters in when using the Virtual Keyboard in conjunction with a chat pad. Workaround : Disconnect the chatpad.