Microsoft has rolled out a new Windows 10 Build for those in Xbox One Preview Alpha & Alpha Skip Ahead. The Build version is 1810.180823-1920 and it will begin rolling out at 2.00 p.m. PDT and will become mandatory shortly after that.
Coming to what this build brings, we can see new features, a list of fixes and known issues in the changelog shared officially.
Ready to Install
- In this update, we’ve simplified “My Games & apps” by making it easier to see what games and apps you have installed vs. what games and apps are ready to install. You’ll no longer see a “Ready to install” tab when you interact with “My games & apps” and will instead be able to toggle between “Installed” and “Ready to install” when viewing either games or apps. We’ve also placed all filter options under one button, so that you can easily view your games and apps by size, letter, last update and more. Try it yourself and be sure to provide feedback!
- Miscellaneous performance fixes to the new Avatar subsystem.
- Fixes to Support Multiple Feed Channels in Clubs.
- Fixes to the Home Dashboard in which some users would experience an unresponsive Dashboard randomly.
- We have fixed the issue in which the Mixer chat window was not visible.
My Games & Apps
- Ubisoft App – Fixes to resolve the crash when a user launches the Ubisoft app.
- Fixed an issue in which some Games and Apps did not always show post-install when installed.
- Fixed installation text when a user is installing a Game that leverages the FastStart feature.
- Fixes to the Narrator feature to correctly read the dashboard correctly.
- We are aware that some users are experiencing issues where mics do not work. Please ensure that your controller is running the latest Firmware (Settings – Kinect & Devices – Devices & Accessories) and be sure to file feedback using the “Report a problem” tool when you experience this issue.
- We are aware that, in some instances, Avatar limbs (feet & hands) are pointing in unexpected directions and facial hair is appearing where it should not. Please file feedback should you experience this.
- It can take up to 10 seconds to view an Avatar on the profile screen after creating a new Avatar.
My Games & Apps
- Ready To Install – When looking at the Membership sections (Gold, Game Pass, EA Access), I’m not seeing any games listed under the new “Installed” tab.
- Workaround: Look for Ready to Install titles under the Games tab in My Games & Apps.
- Memberships – When viewing the Memberships section some users may see all available Ready to Install titles and not just those that are included with their membership.
- EA Access App – We are aware that the EA Access app will crash when navigating in the app and become unresponsive.
- Shudder App – We are aware that the Shudder app may become unresponsive.
- Microsoft Edge crashes for some users at random times.
- The cursor may disappear when exiting and re-entering the app.
- Workaround: Press Y when re-entering the app to make the cursor re-appear
- Sometimes users may encounter stuttering when launching straight into Oneguide after the console is turned on from Instant on. Please file feedback when you see this.
- Here is a workaround to resolve temporarily:
- If you have a Kinect sensor connected to the console, try disabling it by going to Settings>Kinect & devices>Kinect and toggling the Kinect sensor off. Then re-launch OneGuide.
- We are tracking an issue in which the console is fully powering off when it is placed into Instant On mode.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- We are aware that some characters appear incorrectly when using the Virtual Keyboard in conjunction with a chatpad. Workaround: Disconnect the chatpad.