If you are on the Windows Insider program, then you might want to try out the new share UI. The team at Microsoft is expected to release a brand new share UI in the upcoming Insider Preview build, sometime soon.
However, as it turns out, the new Share UI which is very much in the talks these days, is already somewhere hidden in the latest preview build.
But of course, the new Share UI is quite unstable and we will get to know more when the feature is officially announced.
In the meantime, if you want to try it out right now, this trick will let you enable the new Share UI.
Simply download and open this file on your PC running the latest Insider build. Once done, hit Windows key+H to bring up the share UI.
What this file does is, it automatically creates a new registry entry for you.
However, if you want to try it manually, here is how to proceed.
- Open Run (Win + R)
- Type in “regedit” and hit enter to open the registry editor
- In the address bar on the registry editor, simply copy and paste this: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SharePlatform and hit enter
- After that, right click to open up the context menu and then create a new “DWORD (32-bit) value” with the name “EnableNewShareFlow”
- Double-click the newly created DWORD value, and change the value to 1
- Once that’s done, the tweak should be applied and it should look exactly like in the picture below.
If it doesn’t work, try restarting PC and that should do the trick.