Microsoft started releasing the latest Windows 10 feature update version 2004 aka May 2020 update to the general public on May 27. The update brings many new features and experiences that you can read all in detail in our dedicated article.
But it seems the “new tablet experience” that brings familiar desktop experience even in Tablet mode will arrive with a future servicing update in early summer. This has been mentioned in the updated official article about Windows 10 future innovations.
Read more details about this new Tablet experience below.
Microsoft will roll out a new tablet experience for 2-in-1 convertible PCs. This new experience allows users entering tablet posture to stay in the familiar desktop experience without interruption, plus a few key touch improvements:
- Increased spacing between Taskbar icons.
- Search box on taskbar collapsed into an icon.
- File Explorer switches to touch optimized layout.
- Touch keyboard auto invokes when you tap text fields.
Here are the steps to enable the mode once 20H1 is installed.
- Use your convertible PC as a laptop as you normally would–opening apps and interacting with them.
- When you’re ready to pick it up and go or simply lean back on the couch, you can fold back the keyboard or remove it altogether, and it should switch to this new mode shown above.
- Now use your device as a tablet with touch.