Microsoft has rolled out a new Windows 10 Build for those in Xbox One Alpha Ring. The Build version is rs3_release_xbox_dev_ 1804.180323-1922 and it will begin rolling out at 6.00 p.m. PST and will become mandatory shortly after that.
Coming to what this build brings, we can see many fixes and performance improvements in the changelog shared officially.
- When a user loses XBL internet connectivity for any variety of reasons (ISP issues, home router issues, XBL service issues, cable pull tests, etc.) the console will now recover its connectivity a lot quickly.
- Stability fixes for Game chat.
- Resolved stability issues with the continuous broadcasting feature when users would pause and restart the broadcast.
My Games and Apps
- Fixed issues when updating games.
- Fixed an issue in which some TV devices would not show correct color and/or luminance for XBOX HDR GameDVR recordings.
- We resolved an issue when some users would receive an error when Inserting a blu-ray without having the app installed. The fix now takes the user to the store PDP (Product display page) to download the app.
- Resolved an issue in which resulted in all mixer audio streams being muted when the user simply wanted to mute the mic.
- Resolved issues in which Store purchase flow is broken for some users.
- We fixed an issue in which after opening several tabs, particularly if they are resource intensive, opening new tabs, typing in the address bar, or anything that causes a new process/component to be created can hang and eventually crash the browser.
Miscellaneous – Xbox App
- We resolved an issue in which the Xbox App (PC, iOS or Android) was unable to wake the console if it was in connected standby mode.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Netflix on Monitor only works at 1080p and does not support 1440p – Netflix is aware of the issue. Workaround : If watching Netflix on a Monitor/LCD please set the display output to 1080p.
- Some users are discovering that some games are not showing in HDR – Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
- Some users are discovering that the search function in Spotify is not working. Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation. Workaround – Type in a search hit enter and nothing happens. Click the left stick twice and it searches properly.
Controller sharing/ Co-pilot vibration issues
- Some users may experience a problem with a controller vibrating non-stop when using the share controller or the co-pilot feature.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.