Microsoft has rolled out a new Windows 10 Build for those in Xbox One Alpha Ring. The Build version is rs3_release_xbox_dev_ 1805.180507-1920 and it will begin rolling out at 6.00 p.m. PDT and will become mandatory shortly after that.
Coming to what this build brings, we can see new features such as Improved Family Settings, many fixes and performance improvements in the changelog shared officially.
Group Your Games and Apps
In this build we are continuing the expansion of the Groups feature for the Preview Alpha ring. We will roll-out this feature to all the Alpha users over the next few days so please be patient as we enable this feature in a controlled manner to watch the service and feature load. With Groups, you can create multiple collections of content made up of anything from within My games & apps. You can also assign custom names to each Group, organize and order them, and add individual Groups to Home. Groups will appear across My games & apps, Home, and Guide, so you’ll be able to access your Groups at a moment’s notice. Best of all, Groups are tied to your account, so they will automatically sync across multiple Xbox One consoles. We’ve started you off with a Group that should look very familiar — your Pins!
- We have fixed issues with some users with Denon or Marantz receivers and the LG SJ9 soundbar that were experiencing Audio issues.
Game & Party Chat
- We have fixed the issue in which some games have no Game Chat audio after party chat is active.
- If you had more than 25 items in your Pins when you have Groups first enabled, not all items were appearing. This is fixed with the latest build.
- If you tried to add more than 40 items at one time to a Group, this operation would occasionally fail. This is not expected to be an issue for most users and was identified as a one-off.
- When you first get Groups, your Pins content block on Home sometimes would show “Remove group” although you have Pins as a Group. This is fixed with the latest build.
- Misc. performance fixes in the platform.
- Some users may experience intermittent loss of Audio with certain configurations of AV receivers with ATMOS or with changing audio configurations during console use.
- We are investigating reports of loss of audio in some games when resuming from Instant-On. Please file feedback when this occurs.
- If you add an system app (anything pre-installed such as Settings, Edge, etc.) to a Group, the next system update will cause you to lose its image. Workaround: Remove from Group and re-add to bring back its image.
- If you uninstall a game/app after previously adding it to a Group, it will lose its image. Workaround is to remove from Group and add it back. This is being investigated to be fixed for a later build.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Work continues on the stability of the Wi-Fi connectivity. If you see any issues please report the problems for investigation.
- Some users are encountering an issue where their YouTube account is being signed out whenever they launch the app.
- Workaround: Uninstall/re-install the app and sign in with your account again.