Microsoft has rolled out a new Windows 10 Build for those in Xbox One Beta Ring. The Build version is rs3_release_xbox_dev_ 1804.180311-1900 and it will begin rolling out at 6.00 p.m. PST and will become mandatory shortly after that.
Coming to what this build brings, we can see new features, many fixes and performance improvements in the changelog shared officially.
- In Display- Video Output-Video Modes we have enabled two new Video settings. Variable Refresh Rate (aka Freesync support) and ALLM (Auto-Low Latency Mode) are enabled.
Casting from the Xbox – Apps such as YouTube
- Automatic discovery over WiFi is resolved.
- We have resolved an issue with Settings when selecting from Dark or Light in Theme. The setting now stays as selected.
- When accessing the Language & location page in Settings you should no longer see a large time to display.
- A new version of the Store is available to download which should resolve issues for some users not being able to launch the store.
- The Now TV app will no longer have UI elements are disappearing during playback.
- We have made changes to ensure the Plex App no longer pauses/buffers.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- We are aware that some Spatial Audio users will experience unexpected game volumes and are working on a fix.
- We are aware that the Mono output feature is not working as expected in latest builds. The team has identified a fix and is testing. Please turn off the feature if you are using an audio receiver with less than 7.1 audio channels.
- Some users have reported that HDMI in volume is lower for TV Input and some media apps. We are actively investigating. Workaround : Sit closer to the TV or Start Background Music and goto the Audio Settings and set the volume slider to 50% rather than 0% and the volume issue is fixed.
- We continue to identify issues with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater and certain AVR models that will result in random sound cut outs. If a sound cut out ever occurs you can change your audio format settings to something else and then back to reset it.
- The Netflix team are updating the app as it is crashing for some users. Workaround – Please check for an update for the Netflix app.
- Netflix on Monitor only works at 1080p and does not support 1440p – Netflix is aware of the issue. Workaround : If watching Netflix on a Monitor/LCD please set the display output to 1080p.
- We are investigating an issue in which some users are experiencing the console shutdown after you turn it on. Workaround – Simply turn the console back on.
- We are investigating why some users are unable to play 4k content in the Vudu app.
- The virtual keyboard disappears randomly when inputting text.Workaround – Plug in a wired or wireless keyboard
- Some users are discovering that some games are not showing in HDR – Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation and please provide the make and model of your TV and the firmware version.
Game Install Progress
- We are aware of an issue in which the Game Progress status shows over 300%. Please note that this is a different scenario to the fix in this build referenced above in fixes.
- Some users are discovering that the search function in Spotify is not working. Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
Settings – Accessory App
- Some users may experience a problem not being able to assign controller configurations in the Xbox Accessory app.
Controller sharing/ Co-pilot vibration issues
- Some users may experience a problem with a controller vibrating non-stop when using the share controller or the co-pilot feature.