Microsoft has started rolling a new Windows 10 Build for those in Xbox One Preview Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead Ring. The Build version is (1810.180708-1920) and it will begin rolling out at 6.00 p.m. PDT and will become mandatory shortly after
Coming to what this build brings new features also we can see many fixes and performance improvements in the changelog shared officially.
What’s New for Users:
Dolby Vision Video Streaming
Xbox is committed to bringing rich entertainment options to our fans. Today we are excited to announce our latest entertainment option, Dolby Vision video streaming support across Xbox One S and Xbox One X! Dolby Vision enables select TVs to take HDR up a notch with scene-by-scene precision and accuracy versus standard HDR which uses one setting for the entire movie/show you are watching. If you have a TV that supports the latest version of Dolby Vision and a Premium Netflix subscription jump in and experience Dolby Vision for yourself in the coming weeks!
Additional Accessibility Options
The Narrator feature on Xbox One now supports five additional languages, including Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Swedish, and Dutch. We’re also adding an Australian version of English language for Narrator, so Australian users will no longer have to select US or UK English in order to use Narrator.
To activate Narrator on Xbox, follow these steps:
- If you’re using a controller, press and hold the Xbox button until it vibrates, then press the Menu button. (Press them again to turn off Narrator.)
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select System > Settings > Ease of Access > Narrator to turn it on or off.
- If you’re using a keyboard, press the Windows logo key + Ctrl + Enter. (Press them again to turn off Narrator.)
- To use voice commands, say “Hey Cortana, turn on Narrator” or “Xbox, turn on Narrator.”
Avatars on the Dashboard
A few weeks ago, we opened the Beta Xbox Avatar Editor to Xbox Insiders. As promised in that announcement, you will now see your Avatar (if you choose to represent yourself as one), and your friend’s Avatars throughout the Xbox One dashboard. You’ll be greeted by Avatars across user profiles, friend blocks on Home, Gamerscore comparisons, Community posts, idle system notifications, and more. Avatars are a unique representation of your desired style, personality, creativity, and mood as you play on Xbox One. They have many different options for customization and presentation, so you can show off your unique style through your Avatar. Be sure to check out the “Avatar Experience” survey in Insider Hub and let us know what you think!
Search will now show games you own
Search is expanding to include games you have “Ready to Install” or currently own as part of your memberships, including Game Pass, EA Access, and more!
A subset of Xbox Insiders may see some experimental features in addition to what’s listed above. These are designed to gauge interest and solicit feedback from a more focused group. For example, some users will be able to share game-specific stats amongst your friends right on your home page. While others may find greater functionality within Clubs.
- We are tracking an issue with various headsets and mics not working in the build such as Turtle Beach wireless headsets. Connecting multiple headsets along with more than one input device on the system (physical controllers, game streaming controllers, wireless headsets), will cause headsets to no longer work.
- Workaround: Disconnect all input and audio devices, including controllers, wired and wireless headsets, and game streaming controllers. Once they have been disconnected, connect only one controller and one headset.
- We are tracking an issue where users are reporting that various keys & controller shortcuts for the virtual keyboard are not being recognized. Certain keys (spacebar, @ symbol, – symbol) are not registering when being pressed on the keyboard (both the virtual keyboard and via a USB keyboard)
- We are tracking an issue with users not being able to select/change options under Device power options in Device Control. When users are attempting to change their power toggle settings, no options are being presented.
Game Pass Tab
- Preview Alpha – Skip Ahead users will notice that the Entertainment tab has been replaced on the dashboard with Game Pass content. This new tab allows for easy access to the Game Pass catalog and is only available in the US region at this time, so Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Insiders in regions outside of the US will continue to see the Entertainment tab.
- You may see issues with Groups if you frequently switch between your non-Preview console and your Preview console.
- Workaround: Reset your Groups locally on the Preview console through “My games & apps” > Groups, then using the “Delete all groups” button at the bottom of the page to resync from the service.
- The cursor may disappear when exiting and re-entering the app
- Workaround: Press Y when re-entering the app to make the cursor re-appear
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- When the console wakes from Instant on/connected standby with a wired connection, the console may not recognize that the Ethernet cable is plugged in.
- Workaround: Please reboot the console via Guide -> reboot.