Microsoft has started rolling a new Windows 10 Build for those in Xbox One Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring. The Build version is (1810.180706-1920) and it will begin rolling out at 2.00 p.m. PDT and will become mandatory shortly after that.This build has the same features as 1806 plus more to be announced over the coming weeks!
This system update will automatically Factory Refresh your console (Your apps, games and cloud saves will remain intact – however, the refresh will remove the credentials for media apps, etc.).
Coming to what this build brings, we can see many fixes and performance improvements in the changelog shared officially.
IMPORTANT BUILD NOTE : Console Refresh
Thank you all for helping flight the early version of 1810 (Redstone 5) builds. Numerous users have reported an issue with various apps and games being unable to launch after the upgrade from 1806 (Redstone 4) to 1810 (Redstone 5).
Thanks to your bug reports, our teams were able to determine that the core OS was corrupted during this recent update. Unfortunately, the only fix for this that works post-upgrade is an OS refresh. Therefore, today’s system update will automatically Factory Refresh your console (Your apps, games and cloud saves will remain intact – however, the refresh will remove the credentials for media apps, etc.). We understand that this is frustrating, and thank you for your patience in identifying this critical issue.
- Fixed the issues users were having with various functions not working on the media remote.
My Games and Apps – Launching Titles
- We have fixed the issue in which certain apps and games are not launching correctly.
My Games and Apps – FastStart
- Improvements to titles that leverage the FastStart technology.
- Design change to Club notifications and LFG notifications that whey will now toast-only and not show up in the System Tab
- We have numerous fixes in this build that address the Virtual keyboard. Users should no longer see the VK unreadable when using the light theme.
- We are tracking an issue with various headsets and mics not working in the build such as Turtle Beach wireless headsets.
- Issue: Connecting multiple headsets along with more than one input device on the system (physical controllers, game streaming controllers, wireless headsets), will cause headsets to no longer work.
- Mitigation: Disconnect all input and audio devices, including controllers, wired and wireless headsets, and game streaming controllers. Once they have been disconnected, connect only one controller and one headset.
Game Pass Tab
- Preview Alpha – Skip Ahead users will notice that the Entertainment tab has been replaced on the dashboard with Game Pass content. This new tab allows for easy access to the Game Pass catalog and is only available in the US region at this time, so Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Insiders in regions outside of the US will continue to see the Entertainment tab.
- You may see issues with Groups if you frequently switch between your non-Preview console and your Preview console. Workaround: Reset your Groups locally on the Preview console through “My games & apps” > Groups, then using the “Delete all groups” button at the bottom of the page to resync from the service.
- The cursor may disappear when exiting and re-entering the app
- Workaround: Press Y when re-entering the app to make the cursor re-appear
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- When the console wakes from Instant on/connected standby with a wired connection, the console may not recognize that the Ethernet cable is plugged in. Workaround: Please reboot the console via Guide -> reboot.